Sunday, September 15, 2013

Liquorice Allsorts

September 9, 2013

My loving family -

I just received your "Gold" package and am writing this letter while enjoying liquorice allsorts.


I am so thankful you think of my companions as well.  Please send them something as well as I in each of these fun boxes.  Brandon, thank you for the artwork.  I have it hanging on the wall above my bed at my feet so I can see it when I go to bed at night.  My dear family, you have been so good to me.

Good news!  I have found my scripture for my missionary plaque. It is 3 Nephi 27:16:
"And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world."  
There it is.  Christ's own words plainly telling the simplicity of returning to live with God.  (Each of the missionaries from our congregation has a wooden plaque that hangs next to the Bishop's office.  This plaque has their picture, their favorite missionary scripture, and a map of their mission.)  

I am doing well.  There is a young man who we are teaching.  He is very sincere and he is a great kid.  The work is going slow but sure and I love it!  I love y'all and hope you are all doing quite well.

                                                                  - Elder Hunt




No comments:

Post a Comment