Friday, September 20, 2013

9/11 Remembered



(This has been a difficult post for me to write.  My brother Andrew was killed in the terrorist attacks on 9/11/2001.  He was in the first airplane highjacked and exploded into the World Trade Towers.  I think of my dear brother Andrew and all the years that we have lost with him with great sadness.  Through the years, my faith has been my anchor and my comfort and has given me strength beyond my own to help me through the grief and pain.  I am so grateful that my son carries this same faith in his heart because I know it will sustain and strengthen him in his journey through life.)

September 11, 2013

My Dear Mother,

Today is the anniversary of Uncle Andrew's passing and I thought I would lift your spirits with a letter, although doubtless this letter will not reach you the same day.  Today we went to the Fort Worth Mission to meet with Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  The meeting was good and I know that he stands as a special witness of Christ and his atonement.

I admire you and Grandma Pat for forgiving those who killed Uncle Andrew.  I imagine if I had to forgive someone for killing Brandon, it would be the hardest thing of my life.  I pray that never happens.  I give you my testimony that through the atonement and Heavenly Father's plan of salvation, we will be united and gathered as a family in the Celestial kingdom of God.  Although there is temporary separation in this life, Christ's victory over death in Gethsemane trumps all.  How great is his victory!  I thank God for the peace of mind and spirit given by that joyous news!  I love you Madre!

                                                 - Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment