Friday, October 25, 2013

Texas Tracting

( I apologize for the lapse in blog postings.  Graham's grandmother (and my mother) Pat Green had major surgery on October 8th.  She spent 10 days in the hospital and is now recovering in a Rehab Center.  I am happy to report she is progressing well.)

October 14, 2013

Thank you for telling me about Grandma Pat.  I hope she recovers well from her ordeal.  I'll be praying for her.

It is so nice to hear that Brandon got three palms!!! That shows true commitment to scouting and a good work ethic because he is still working when he could just sit back.  (This is a special honor that scouts can earn above and beyond the Eagle Scout recognition.  Brandon received all three palms in October.)


America is an awesome place and the state of Texas especially.  I eat well!!  Currently, I am snacking on beef jerky as I write - it is soooo good!  Being in a bike area, I now have insanely caloused hands.  The other day I rubbed my hand on my arm and it felt like fingernail scratching!  Weird!

I am happy to report that I am doing amazingly well!! Elder Findlay and I have been working hard, and it is almost therapeutic.  You know what is awesome about missionary work?  The harder you work, the happier you are!  For the past few days I have worked hard, prayed hard and slept even harder!!!  It hasn't all been peaches and cream, though.  For the past two weeks, I was struggling on and off with discouragement.  I was pretty miserable at times.  But with God's help (He is all powerful, no?) I am so elated to be doing the Lord's work daily.  Tracting is notoriously awful in Texas, yet I find joy in doing it.

Dad, I hope you are doing well.  Being a Bishop must be rough, as you still have to work and do normal life activities while serving the Lord.  I couldn't imagine what mission life would be like if I had to work, take care of home and family, all while keeping up my appointments and tracting!  I admire you for your commitment to our family and the righteous way you preside over it.  As a missionary, I am seeing many, many households of every shape, size, description and dynamic.  It has helped me appreciate our home even deeper.  So far I have not found ONE home that compares with the one you and Madre raised Brandon and I in.  That loving home was the greatest gift any child could have ever received and you gave it to me.

Thank you for your weekly letters.  It is nice to hear from my family so consistently.  I love you Madre and Fadre.  Thank you for supporting me from home like you do.

Your son (forever!)
Elder Hunt

1 comment:

  1. Hi Graham!
    Wow, dude your blog is uplifting to read! What a feeling to be serving the Lord & finding the joy that goes with it :o) I'm glad your grandma Pat is doing fine. The Lord is so awesome indeed!!! I know your family is so very proud of you Graham as is your loving ward family, keep up the good work buddy!

    Cheers to you!

    Sherrie Graen

    ReplyDelete