Monday, January 6, 2014

The Greatest Blessing on Earth

January 6, 2014

Dear Family,

I have recently realized just how blessed I am. I feel like I am disproportionately and unfairly blessed more than others. I have been trying to figure out why. One reason I think is because of you - my family. I owe my height, thinness (my curse has turned to blessing - 180 degree flip now that every missionary and their dog is trying to stop the inevitable girth expansion caused by the Texan diet), intelligence, love of the gospel, work ethic, frugality and ability to cope well with stress to my family.  

My  happiness and joy come from my knowledge of the gospel.   I have experience with how when the gospel is lived well it can make the home a refuge and place of safety in troubled times.  Our home has given me a glimpse into the Celestial kingdom (our home is like a Celestial embassy or consulate).

Elder Sharp and Elder Hunt
I have been blessed with open mindedness, good grades, college acceptance where I want to go, travel to far and exotic places, love of many different and diverse foods, and love of trying new food.  I am grateful for the many, many letters and packages, this last email and emails every week- consistency! 

I could keep going on and on and on and on and on until the file gets so big I can't send it all in one e-mail and I have to send this list over the course of 10 e-mails.  To me, family is the greatest blessing on earth, eternal life in heaven. All that I am I owe to y'all. I love you, each and every one of you. 

Elder Graham Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment