Thursday, July 17, 2014

Miracles in Palestine

July 14, 2014

My Dear family and friends,

I received a very 'Murica (America) package indeed this past week! What a delight it was to open it up and read all the kind notes and messages from so many of y'all. (We have had Shane's sister Renae, mother Delle, niece Jennifer and her two daughters Hailey and Kelsey visiting for the 4th of July weekend.  Everyone wrote a note for Graham to put in his package.)  Thank you so much for the time, thought and love you show to me with little things like that. Many missionaries who have been out the same amount of time that I have been out receive no mail of any sort, just some brief e-mails each week. So thank you, each of you for blessing my life so much!

A Monument Dedicated to American Soldiers located in Palestine, Texas

 Elder Heward prepares to return to normal life in a week and a few days.  Nathan and William, two young men in the Palestine ward, are also preparing for mission changes.  William left for Guatemala last week and Nathan leaves for Chile this week.  I realize that what people have told me my entire mission- that the mission is short -is indeed true after all! (I didn't believe them, I didn't believe them one little bit).

Congrats to Jordan Rex on his mission call to Malaga, Spain!  Both President Durrant and President Taylor served in Spain; the missions and their boundaries were different then but it wouldn't surprise me if Elder Rex serves in some of the same areas as they did. Both men speak fondly and dearly of their missions. They love that country (President Durrant so much that he chose to play professional basketball for Spain) and I know they would say that Jordan is headed to a wonderful mission.

Several weeks ago a little boy in the ward, Fransisco, sank into a burning pit at a dump after a service project and was burnt so severely that he was helicoptered into the ICU in Dallas. Doctors feared that he would have to have skin graft surgery. So we have been praying for him. He has recovered and is walking around and playing now. He won't have to have skin graft surgery.

If that isn't a miracle I don't know what is.

Yesterday at church was pretty interesting.  We had David, one of our investigators, at church for the first time and in third hour the lesson was on Priesthood Ordinances and they consecrated oil (something I havn't even seen before). He seemed to think it a bit weird. Thankfully we have the writings of Mark in the New Testament and after reading a little in Chapter 6, I don't think he found it too terribly odd. Elder Heward commented later that different things always happen at church when investigators decide to attend. Nontheless, David seemed to really enjoy church. We are excited that things are progressing.

Love Y'all!

-Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment