Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Texas is beautiful!

June 30, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

I received some wonderful news today by e-mail. Tylar (recent convert of three months back in Frisco) and I have been e-mailing back and forth. He told me this week that he had received his patriarchal blessing and shared a few of the blessings. He told me he was considering serving the Lord full time as a missionary. I spent most of my time e-mailing him, so please excuse the brevity of this e-mail. 

In missionary work, it is inevitable that some who discover the gospel of Christ will be lost. That is why I think the references in the scriptures (D&C 4) to harvesting wheat and laying it up in store are so fitting. Elder Heward, who back home is a wheat farmer, told me about how you plant, grow, harvest, and store wheat. After wheat is harvested, it must be placed in safe storage. Rain, wind, storms and many other things can ruin the harvest you worked so long and hard for. That is why the Lord talks of laying the harvest up in store so it doesn't perish. Tylar had a very rough time and much adversity before he was baptized. I think of the saying that what we obtain too cheaply we esteem too lightly. Tylar had to struggle and pay a high price to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Now Tylar is thriving in the Gospel and it is awesome!




Texas is beautiful, never mind what they all say..



Love Yall!

-Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment