Monday, December 8, 2014

Face to Face

December 9,  2014

Dear Family,

Pretty soon we will be able to talk face-to-face on Skype!!!!! Ahahahahahahh!!! 

*and there was much celebration*

Elder Clark is leaving for home next week and so I will be making all the Christmas plans and finding computers to Skype from. Because of this, I can arrange to call you at what ever time you would like! You said later would be better. I want to call y'all at the time that is best, most convenient, funnest, cherry-on-top part of the day. 

Since you mentioned calling at 3:00pm in Dallas translated to 6:00am Tokyo, I will plan on making the call at that time. However----- Please PLEASE let me know the bestest, bestest, bestest, [bestest isn't a word] bestest time for y'all!! 

I have to say- just now I was thinking that it feels as if it were two seconds ago we were chatting on Mother's Day.  My mission has not felt long, rather it has passed thus far like a dream. 

Just think- halfway around the world from one another and we will be able to see each other's faces and hear each other's voices! Truly we are so blessed by God to have inspired these technologies.  Truly the communication methods and technologies are of God for the furthering of his purposes. 

We have been proselyting this past week, directing people to look into the "He is the Gift" video in addition to what we normally do. This is a great initiative and direction from higher up in the church and I love it!

Something I have come to love about the restored gospel is simplicity. People here in the bible belt throw around terms such as "born again", "chains of hell" (really just "heaven" and "hell" in general), "judgment" or "judgment day" and so many others. As I have studied the Book of Mormon, I have found these terms plainly and simply explained- so that a child might understand. I love it! 

Talk to you soon!  See you face to face, too!

-Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment