Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Alelujah!


April 13, 2015

Y'all have commented in your e-mails to me that you pray often for Elder Lindquist, I and the people we are teaching. Thank you for doing that. Those prayers work!  Yesterday a family we are teaching attended church for the first time  - Kieth, Catherine, Trinity and Cody! They enjoyed it, even with the un-culturally long church meetings us Mormons have. 

They invited us over for dinner afterward too. It has been a very long time since I have had investigators at church. It is exciting and uplifting to work with this family. They have been reading the Book of Mormon, praying, coming to know God's will for them through the Spirit. 

I am so blessed to be here at this time, enjoying being a part of our Father in Heaven's work and glory. I have always marveled at how God could do it all himself, it would be easier if he did not involve us. We make mistakes, we sin, we are not perfect in this work. Yet he allows us the chance to help in his work and in the process we grow and we become more like him. The whole purpose of this work is for us. Our progression is the purpose of this work. 

The great plan, the creation and fall of man, the sacrifice of His Son and subsequent resurrection, all things that exist are given to us by God to help us improve ourselves. Without all He has done, improving ourselves is impossible. I love him for it. I love y'all too, thank you for your prayers of faith. Thank you for your constant support that flows without ceasing. I love you.

-Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment