Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Waaahooo!

April 6, 2015

Hello!

I really enjoyed listening to General Conference.  I was inspired to see that rather than wishing and hoping for different circumstances, I can be grateful for all I have been blessed with. I can rejoice in all that my God has blessed me to accomplish. 

Bishop Gerald Causee spoke yesterday of how all the prophets of old looked forward to today with great anticipation.  They anticipated the many countries the gospel would be preached in, the many temples that would be built, the many members all across the world, and the many missionaries out serving. Just like the Nephites who saw the sign of Christ's birth and only four years later reverted back to their old ways, no longer amazed at a sign or wonder from heaven, I realized I take all the success the Lord has blessed me with on my mission for granted. 

Bishop Causee invited us to never tire of discovery and rediscovery of the gospel. In other words- never take the gospel for granted. We have such great opportunities for joy in this life and eternal life in the world to come. We have clarity and understanding on so many topics confusing to the world. We enjoy an eternal perspective that allows us to choose to look unto Christ and find happiness in our hope in his divine atonement. 

We enjoy the gift of the Holy Ghost, a great gift that allows us to be prompted at all time and in all places to do God's will. We have the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ and all He has done for us.  This book is filled with truth and learning that will help us if we receive and apply it. Kevin Pearson invited us to study the Book of Mormon every day, every day, every day. He promised that we would be granted strength to endure through dificult times.

I know that as we pray honestly and sincerly to our Father in Heaven, read diligently from the Book of Mormon, and obey his commandments so that the adversary has no power over us; we will have strength to endure. Simply going to church each week will not be enough. We must take this gospel into our hearts. We must live it individually, and in our family circles. I love y'all and y'all are in my prayers. 
 
Got to go y'all, 
Please know I love you.
 
-E Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment