Friday, August 23, 2013

MTC Miracles

Saturday
July 27, 2013


My dear family,
The three and a half days I have been in the MTC have flown by.  However each day seems to last an entire week as we learn and do so much. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. 

I have learned how to pray to receive revelation, not just me talking at God but talking TO God and receiving revelation back from Him. This is hard work, but such a blast!  I am having so much fun and I know that I am blessed by my Heavenly Father for this sacrifice. Moreover, God has taken what effort I have put into this, doubled it, and handed it back to me in the form of blessings. 

I have such a great companion here.  Elder Smith is so spiritual and just as enthusiastic as I and our personalities click. I have learned that God gives spiritual strengths and weaknesses to each of us.  Together we teach very effectively and I know that our companionship is an inspired gift from our Heavenly Father. I feel that my sentences fail me and I cannot fully explain my amazing experence here. 

I took President Brennan's advice and shined the shoes of my Elder Smith (along with my own) this Pday morning. 

I challenge you to pray today to our Heavenly Father sincerely, with real intent, having faith in Christ. In your prayer ask Him something He can respond to. When you finish your prayer sit for a minuite and wait for an answer. We can talk to God but we must listen in order for God to talk to us. I cannot count the number of times I have already done this, for it is many. I used to think I had a strong testimony about prayer but now my testimony is tenfold greater.

Your missionary,
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment